December 2021 Newsletter
9th December 2021
9th December 2021
December 2021 Newsletter
Dear Parents and Carers,
As we approach the Christmas holidays here are some updates from Lemington Riverside.
Farewell to Mrs. Blake
At the end of term Mrs Blake, one of our Early Years teaching assistants, will be taking retirement after over 10 years of service here at Lemington Riverside. I would like to place on record my personal thanks to Mrs. Blake for her hard work and dedication during her time at our school and wish her the happiest of retirements.
Working within the latest Covid-19 guidance, we still have a number of exciting festive events planned in the final few days of term as follows:
- Tuesday 14th December is Christmas dinner day and Christmas Jumper Day. Children are welcome to wear Christmas jumpers, Santa hats, etc. on this day! We are not requesting any donations. We are also expecting some very special visitors – but everybody needs to stay on the ‘good’ list!
- Thursday 16th December – Our Winter Wonderland event takes place between 1:30pm and 3:15pm on the Top Playground. Parents/carers are welcome to join us. If you wish, you can collect your children from their class teacher at 1:30pm on the Top Playground to walk around the Winter Wonderland – children are also welcome to stay with their teacher during the event and be collected/walk home at the usual times. Due to Covid guidance, this is an outdoor event. All of the children are busy making festive arts and crafts to sell and there will be a number of guest stalls as well. All money raised will go towards school funds to buy resources and fund trips and visits for our children. We strongly advise all adults to wear a face covering if attending this event and request that you take a lateral flow test on the day and do not attend if you are feeling unwell – hand sanitiser will also be available to use.
- Friday 17th December – Children will be enjoying Christmas parties and movies within their classes across the school. Children can come to school in party clothes/non uniform if they wish (no donation required). We will also draw our Christmas Raffle on this day – tickets are now on sale priced at £1 per strip and there are lots of exciting prizes to be won including a Newcastle United football signed by the current squad, Christmas Eve Boxes and chocolates (thanks to Ollie’s mam in Reception and Asda Lemington) a £20 POP Card for use on local public transport (thanks to Logan R’s dad in Y1) and a whole host of other treats and toys – thanks to everybody who has donated, we hugely appreciate your generosity! Again, all funds raise go towards resources and experiences for our children. Homework club will run until 3:15 on Friday, but there will be no Riverside Wraparound provision on the evening of Friday 17th.
We will be uploading a video to our website of all children across the school performing a Christmas song next week – we will share this through our social media pages.
We launched our Riverside Wraparound provision earlier in 2021, but unfortunately numbers attending have not been as high as we needed to enable us to ‘break even’ with costs. We also recently discovered our friends at St. George’s Primary around the corner were struggling with numbers too, so, from January we will be joining together to provide a joint wraparound service that will be based at Lemington Riverside. Our wraparound provision will now run between the following times, Monday-Friday:
- Before school breakfast provision – 7:45am and 8:45am.
- After school evening provision – Home time until 6:00pm.
This is a paid for provision and must be booked & paid for in advance by calling the school on 0191 267 4315 or emailing email@example.com . To find out more about Riverside Wraparound, click here.
- Please help us to continue to keep our children safe by not stopping on the yellow zig zags outside the school gates (this includes stopping in the middle of the street). Parking enforcement teams are aware of this and will be monitoring closely and will issue fixed penalty notices to anybody caught stopping on the yellow zig zags.
- Can we please ask all adults to mind their language when in and around the school grounds. Thank you.
- Finally, please can we request you ensure that any litter goes in the bins around the school and not on the floor. Ultimately, we all want the best school for our children and your help with all of these things is very much appreciated.
I would like to place on record my enormous thanks to you all for your positivity and support throughout 2021. I hope that you and your families have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. School re-opens for all children for the new term on Wednesday 5th January 2022 at the normal time (Tuesday 4th January is a staff training day).
Best wishes & Merry Christmas,
Mr. Heeley (Headteacher)