Arrangements for the final week of term
16th July 2021
16th July 2021
Arrangements for the final week (Monday 19th – Thursday 22nd July 2021)
Dear Parents and Carers,
Next week is the final week of term and also our transition week, where children will spend Monday-Thursday with their new class teacher in their new classroom, before re-joining their current teacher for the final day of term on Friday.
MONDAY 19th JULY:
On Monday morning, your child should go to their current class (so drop them off at the normal place). They will then be taken to their new classroom at 9:15am by their current teacher. You should collect your child from their new class at home time (please see below for locations to pick up).
TUESDAY 20th, WEDNESDAY 21st, THURSDAY 22nd JULY:
On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning, your child should go straight to their new classroom when they are dropped off. A reminder of where children should go:
- Nursery children remaining in Nursery next year – Nursery entrance (bottom building). Collect from the same place at 2:45pm.
- Nursery children moving into Reception – Reception entrance (bottom building). Collect from the same place at 3pm.
- Reception children moving into Year 1 – Main Entrance, downstairs to Mrs. Crowe and Mr. Carter. Collect from the main playground at 3:15pm.
- Year 1 children moving into Year 2 – Main Entrance, downstairs to Ms Turner. Collect from the main playground at 3:15pm.
- Year 2 children moving into Year 3 – Main Entrance, downstairs to Miss Brush. Collect from the main playground at 3:15pm.
- Year 3 children moving into Year 4 – Main Entrance, upstairs to Mrs. Jamieson. Collect from the upper playground at 3:15pm.
- Year 4 children moving into Year 5 – Main Entrance, upstairs to Mr. Sayers. Collect from the upper playground at 3:15pm.
- Year 5 children moving into Year 6 – Main Entrance, upstairs to Mr. Murphy. Collect from the upper playground at 3:15pm.
- Year 6 children moving into Year 7 – Main Entrance, upstairs to Mrs. O’Driscoll Collect from the upper playground at 3:15pm.
FRIDAY 23rd JULY:
On Friday morning, your child should be dropped off and picked up from the class that they have been in this year – they will spend the day with their class teacher from this year and there will be parties within classes. School finishes at the usual time on Friday 23rd July (1:45pm Nursery, 2pm Reception, 2:15pm all other year groups). Homework club will be open until 3:15pm. There will be no after school wraparound care on Friday 23rd July.
For departing Year 6 children:
We will be holding our Year 6 graduation ceremony on Friday 23rd July at 9:30am on the Main Playground. Up to four adults per child can attend this outdoor event. Please do not attend if you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms.
For information about summer schools and return to school dates for children moving from Year 6 to high school, please consult your child’s new school website.
Back to school:
All Lemington Riverside children return to school on Tuesday 7th September. Children can arrive between 8:45 and 9:00am.
If you would like to book your child into wraparound care for the first week back, please complete a booking form and return to the school office no later than Friday 23rd July. Booking forms are available from the main reception desk.
All hoodies that have been ordered will be distributed next week. Year 6 leaver hoodies will be presented to children at the graduation ceremony on Friday.
If you have any questions or queries about anything in this letter, please speak to your child’s class teacher.