April 2023 Newsletter
17th April 2023
Welcome back for the summer term here at Lemington Riverside! I hope you’ve all had an enjoyable Easter break. The summer term is always packed full of fun and adventures and we are very much looking forward to what lies ahead. It’s also the final term for our lovely Year 6 children before they make the move to high school.
Here are some news updates from school and some key dates for your diary…
Building a school to be proud of:
One of our ongoing aims is to build Lemington Riverside into a school that our children, families and staff can all be proud of. We have lots of ongoing and up and coming building projects including:
- Brand new toilets in our main building – the girls’ toilets are now open and the boys’ toilets will be completed in the next few weeks!
- This term will see the development of a new multi-use-games-area (MUGA) on our main playground. The first part of an exciting new development of our playgrounds.
- Also this term, we will see new 4G surfacing added to our Early Years outdoor garden, creating a superb all-weather learning space for our youngest children.
- New and improved fencing around the edge of our school grounds and playgrounds to make our school even safer and more secure.
- Our Reception class has been refurbished over the holidays with a brand new floor.
- In the summer holidays, our school kitchen and dining hall will have a full refurbishment, creating a brilliant new dining experience for our children.
Thank you so much to everybody who kindly donated treats for our Easter raffle. We raised an incredible £463 for school funds!
During the ongoing cost of living crisis we are continuing to try and innovate to support our families in whatever ways we can. We are pleased to confirm that we will be able to offer free uniform bundles for all children attending our school in September 2023. Further details will be shared later this term and an order form sent out in due course.
Dates for your diary:
Week beginning 24th April – After school tuition sessions begin for all children in years Reception through to Year 6. Look out for a letter from your child’s class teacher with more information.
Every Thursday evening, 3:15-4:15pm – After school rugby club for children in Years 3 and 4 with Coach Bear from Newcastle Thunder Rugby Club.
Wednesday 19th April – Year 4 are visiting the Egyptian exhibition at the Laing Art Gallery in Newcastle.
Tuesday 25th April – Children in Reception, Years 1 and 2 begin Music Pocket Project every week for the summer term.
Thursday 27th April – Nursery and Reception visiting Northumberland Zoo.
Monday 1st May – School closed for the May Day Bank Holiday.
Friday 5th May – King Charles III Coronation Day – Open craft morning for parents/carers from 9:15am.
Monday 8th May – School closed for Coronation Bank Holiday.
Tuesday 9th – Friday 12th May – Year 6 SAT tests – it’s very important that Year 6 are in school on time each day this week.
Tuesday 16th May – Years 5 and 6 taking part in ‘Show Racism the Red Card’ workshop.
Thursday 25th May – Year 4 visiting Safetyworks for summer safety workshops.
Friday 26th May – We break up for the half term holiday.
Monday 5th June – We return to school for the second half of the summer term.